Houston TX (January – July, 2017)
About The Aquarian Teacher™ Program
The Aquarian Teacher™ is a RYT 200-hour Certified Course. It includes the following major areas of study:
- Awakening Consciousness: The Practice and Principles of Kriya and Meditation
- History & Philosophy of Yoga
- Asana: Principles of Alignment
- Pranayam: Principles of the Breath
- Sound & Mantra: The Science of Naad
- Becoming a Teacher: Identity and Projection
- Becoming a Yogi: Humanology and Lifestyle Studies
- Professional Ethics and Applied Settings
- Physical and Subtle Anatomy
- Practicum: Teaching from Day One
What to Expect
Level One Teacher Training in Kundalini Yoga as taught by Yogi Bhajan® is a transformative experience, whether you decide to teach or simply use it as an opportunity for personal growth, you will change. Those changes can be a challenge to your family and your community. Don't take it personally; and definitely don't make any big decisions during Teacher Training. Simply allow yourself to dive deeply into your own identity – and above all, Keep Up!
The course is held over the course of 9 weekends. Each will be a physical and mental challenge. Do your best to set up your life to support your Teacher Training weekends, because once it's over, your teacher training experience will definitely support your life!
If you are interested in bringing a KRI Level One Teacher Training in Kundalini Yoga as taught by Yogi Bhajan™ to your community, please contact Sat Purkh Kaur at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sat Purkh Kaur Khalsa is a KRI Certified Level Three Kundalini Yoga Teacher as well as a Lead Trainer in the Aquarian Trainer Academy. Known for her work in Sound & Mantra as well as Humanology and the Women's Teachings; in 2008 she authored Everyday Grace: The Art of Being a Woman, an introduction to the Women's Teachings of Yogi Bhajan. more…
She recently launched an annual course, Woman: The Adi Shakti, which awakens women to the Goddess within. She has seven albums of sacred music, Nectar of the Name, Beautiful Day: The Aquarian Sadhana, Queen Be: The Goddess Within, Love & Other Miracles, One: Love, Life, Light, The Pearl: Maiden, Mother, Crone, and The Guru Within. She lives with her husband and their menagerie of animals, and is always at work on her next album of sacred music.
Hari Kirin Kaur Khalsa is the author of the best-selling Art & Yoga: Kundalini Awakening in Everyday Life, and has been quoted in Yoga Journal, Yoga International, and Spirituality & Health magazines. She is a teacher, artist, lead trainer of Kundalini Yoga, and a member of the 3HO Foundation International Board of Directors. She has been a visiting lecturer at Boston University, Marlboro College, Hofstra University, Smith College, and Maine College of Art. She teaches regularly at Kripalu Center for Yoga and Health, Omega and a yoga centers around the world. www.artandyoga.com
Siri Bahadur has been practicing yoga since 1974. In 1976 he joined the Kundalini Yoga Ashram in Dallas, Texas where he later served as its head teacher. Twenty years later and under the instruction of Yogi Bhajan, he attended the first Master's Touch Teacher Training. He has served as a Kundalini Teacher Trainer for Levels One and Two for many years and also has trained students in the art and science of playing the gong. more…
A life-long musician, Siri Bahadur began as a folk guitarist in his teenage years and later discovered the spiritual and healing power of music and mantra in the practice of yoga. He has integrated the sound of the gong into his yoga teaching over the last fifteen years, and has blended the practice of Yoga with music, mantra, and the healing effects of the gong to create a transcendent experience of deep self-discovery. His specialty is in using the powerful techniques of Kundalini Yoga to create a sacred space for the gong player to serve as a channel for the divine, and for the devoted practitioner to deepen their practice and find fulfillment as a teacher.
Japa Kaur Khalsa is an Associate Trainer from Espanola, New Mexico. A Doctor of Oriental Medicine and a Level Two Practitioner of Sat Nam Rasayan, she brings her knowledge of the subtle body into the realm of anatomy and physiology and the healing space created through Kundalini Yoga.
Sat Mitar Kaur Khalsa and the Houston Sangat will be hosting this Level One Teacher Training. Sat Mitar is a Level One Instructor and teaches in and around the Houston area. She served Yogi Bhajan for many years as an employee of Sikh Dharma International and then returned home to serve the community and be with family and friends. A practitioner of Sat Nam Rasayan, Sat Mitar's subtlety and grace holds a place for healing for all who participate in the course.
- Thursday through Sunday January 12-15, 2017
- Saturday & Sunday January 21-22, 2017
- Saturday & Sunday February 4-5, 2017
- Thursday through Sunday March 30 – April 2, 2017
- Saturday & Sunday April 8-9, 2017
- Saturday & Sunday May 6-7, 2017
- Saturday & Sunday June 3-4, 2017
- Thursday through Sunday June 8-11, 2017
- Saturday & Sunday July 8-9
Saturdays and Sundays are full days. Thursdays and Fridays are evenings only.
Typical Daily Schedule
- 8:15 Public Yoga Class
- 9:30 Lecture & Kriya
- 1:00 Lunch
- 2:00 Lecture & Kriya
- 6:00 end of day
- 4:30 Aquarian Sadhana
- 7:30 Breakfast/Break
- 8:30 Public Yoga Class
- 9:45 Lecture & Kriya
- 1:00 Lunch
- 2:00 Lecture & Kriya
- 6:00 end of day
Thursday & Friday Evenings
- 6:30-9:00 Lecture, Kriya & Meditation (open to the public)
Certification Requirements & Code of Professional Standards
Please read and confirm you understand the following Certification Requirements for this course before registering. Contact Sat Purkh Kaur Khalsa at email@example.com if you have any questions.
- Attended all Teacher Training classes – 180 contact hours minimum
- Completed 20 hours of Kundalini Yoga Classes*
- Performed satisfactorily in the practicum
- Created two acceptable yoga course curricula
- Complete a 40-day yoga set/meditation; 11 minutes minimum
- Participated in at least 5 Aquarian Sadhanas – 2½ hours each for a total of 10 hours
- Participated in one day of White Tantric Yoga before the end of the course*
- Read, understood, and signed the Code of Professional Standards for Kundalini Yoga Teachers
1123 Jackson Blvd
Houston, TX 77006
To register, make a payment using one of the options below.
Regular ($3,300 after November 15, 2016)
Installments (3 installments of $1,200 – $3,600 total)
Refunds less expenses are available through February 5th, 2017. No refunds are available after February 5th, 2017.